Osteoarthritic Tarsometatarsal Joint Treatment
12 Year old Warmblood Gelding:
Devon was a 12-year-old Warmblood gelding that was competing at level 5 dressage. Over the space of three months his ability to perform flying changes to the left significantly reduced and his willingness to conduct upwards, transitions deteriorated.
Physical examination found the horse to be 3/5 lame in the left hind leg, which was isolated to the tarsometatarsal (lower hock) joint with diagnostic analgesia. Radiographs were taken and found there to be mild osteoarthritic change on the front of the tarsometatarsal joint, with there being a reduction in bone density and slight spur development, which is shown in the image, left, within the green circle.
Treatment and Outcome:
1ml of Arthramid® Vet was injected into the joint and the horse was then rested for 48 hours before commencing an ascending exercise program over two weeks to return to a full exercise regime. Over the space of four weeks, the clinical signs dissipated with the horse willingly and comfortably able to perform all movements asked of it. Devon was injected eight months previously and continues to show no recurrence of clinical signs of pain and has one delighted owner as a result.
Arthramid Vet 2.5% PAAG
- Studies show up to 82.5% of horses respond with a successful resolution of joint lameness.
- Meets Animal Welfare Concerns; Arthramid Vet is not simply a lubricant or painkiller. Its unique biomedical technology that helps heal and restore the joint to healthy function.
- Made to Last; When compared to traditional treatments for joint lameness, research shows that Arthramid Vet is better and lasts longer with proven efficacy for up to 1- 2 years.
- One of A Kind; Arthramid Vet's unique and patented IL-X Cross-Linking technology makes it the safest and most effective 2.5% Polyacrylamide (PAAG) Hydrogel available.
- Addresses Equine Welfare Concerns
- Long-lasting Clinical Effects of Treatment
- 82.5% Successful Resolution of Joint Lameness
Get In Touch
Phone +64 (09) 8013 253
Arthramid Vet Australia
Registered in Australia to: IMS Vet Pty Limited, 1953 Grampian's Road, Fyans Creek, Victoria 3381. Registered pursuant to the APVMA Number 86728/0320. See www.apvma.gov.au for registration conditions.