NAEAP Symposium, Jan 1, 2020: Vets Consider 2.5% Polyacrylamide Gel (PAAG)Treatment
This article was Posted by Stephanie L. Church, Editor-in-Chief | Jan 1, 2020 | 2019 NEAEP Symposium, Arthritis & Degenerative Joint Disease, Arthritis & Degenerative Joint Disease, Article, Horse Care, Lameness, Older Horse Care Concerns.
In a “new uses for old things” twist, an equine veterinarian in Qatar, Dr Florent David, has reported that a 2.5% hydrogel originally designed as a cosmetic filler can help horses with early stage to chronic osteoarthritis (OA) and could even one day be used to help prevent joint damage.
Florent David, DVM, MS, Dipl. ACVS & ECVS, Dipl. ACVSMR, ECVDI Assoc., specialist in Surgery, Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation, and Diagnostic Imaging at the Equine Veterinary Medical Center, in Doha, described what he found in published research on the product at the 2019 Northeast Association of Equine Practitioners Symposium, held Sept. 25-27 in Saratoga Springs, New York.
Arthramid Vet 2.5% PAAG
- Studies show up to 82.5% of horses respond with a successful resolution of joint lameness.
- Meets Animal Welfare Concerns; Arthramid Vet is not simply a lubricant or painkiller. Its unique biomedical technology that helps heal and restore the joint to healthy function.
- Made to Last; When compared to traditional treatments for joint lameness, research shows that Arthramid Vet is better and lasts longer with proven efficacy for up to 1- 2 years.
- One of A Kind; Arthramid Vet's unique and patented IL-X Cross-Linking technology makes it the safest and most effective 2.5% Polyacrylamide (PAAG) Hydrogel available.
- Addresses Equine Welfare Concerns
- Long-lasting Clinical Effects of Treatment
- 82.5% Successful Resolution of Joint Lameness
Get In Touch
Phone +64 (09) 8013 253
Arthramid Vet Australia
Registered in Australia to: IMS Vet Pty Limited, 1953 Grampian's Road, Fyans Creek, Victoria 3381. Registered pursuant to the APVMA Number 86728/0320. See www.apvma.gov.au for registration conditions.