Junior a Warmblood Gelding
Junior, a 4 year old Warmblood gelding, bred to perform dressage, presented with a progressive left forelimb lameness. Clinical signs were noticed towards the later stages of his first season competing.
Investigations revealed the lameness was emanating from the left intercarpal joint, which was swollen and reactive to flexion. Radiographs were obtained of both carpi with diagnostic evidence of osteoarthritic changes present within the intercarpal joint. There was an irregular outline to the dorsal aspect of the radiocarpal bone (green arrow), irregular sharp lucent modelling of the dorsodistal aspect of the radiocarpal bone (yellow arrow) and moderate sclerosis of the dorsal and dorsodistal aspects of the radiocarpal bone (blue arrow).
Treatment and Outcome:
2ml of Arthramidâ Vet was injected into the left intercarpal joint followed by a period of light exercise on a water treadmill for two weeks before resuming full training. Clinically, the lameness reduced significantly and by four weeks post-injection was no longer present and could not be measured using an inertial sensor detection system. Junior has successfully competed for a further two years without recurrence of lameness.
Arthramid Vet 2.5% PAAG
- Studies show up to 82.5% of horses respond with a successful resolution of joint lameness.
- Meets Animal Welfare Concerns; Arthramid Vet is not simply a lubricant or painkiller. Its unique biomedical technology that helps heal and restore the joint to healthy function.
- Made to Last; When compared to traditional treatments for joint lameness, research shows that Arthramid Vet is better and lasts longer with proven efficacy for up to 1- 2 years.
- One of A Kind; Arthramid Vet's unique and patented IL-X Cross-Linking technology makes it the safest and most effective 2.5% Polyacrylamide (PAAG) Hydrogel available.
- Addresses Equine Welfare Concerns
- Long-lasting Clinical Effects of Treatment
- 82.5% Successful Resolution of Joint Lameness
Get In Touch
Phone +64 (09) 8013 253
Arthramid Vet Australia
Registered in Australia to: IMS Vet Pty Limited, 1953 Grampian's Road, Fyans Creek, Victoria 3381. Registered pursuant to the APVMA Number 86728/0320. See www.apvma.gov.au for registration conditions.