Fetlock Lameness Treatment
2 Year old Thoroughbred in full race training:
Dream was a 2-year-old Thoroughbred in full race training that started to resent being ridden and over space of 4 weeks developed swelling of the left fore fetlock.
Physical examination found the horse to be 3/5 lame in the left fore, with the fetlock being swollen and resentful to flexion. Diagnostic analgesia confirmed the fetlock as the source of lameness, and subsequent radiographs identified a sharp spur on the dorsoproximal medial aspect of the long pastern bone, within the fetlock joint, which is indicative of osteoarthritis.
Treatment and Outcome:
2ml of Arthramid Vet was injected into the joint and the horse was then rested for 48 hours before commencing an ascending exercise program over two weeks to return to a full exercise regime. Over the space of four weeks, the clinical signs dissipated with the horse no longer showing lameness and trialled and raced successfully over 12 months. An additional 2ml dose was injected into the left fore fetlock just over 12 months after the initial treatment as a subtle weakness in performance signs of resentment to training recurred. Since the second dose Dream has been in full training and racing for over 18 months without recurrence of clinical signs.
Arthramid Vet 2.5% PAAG
- Studies show up to 82.5% of horses respond with a successful resolution of joint lameness.
- Meets Animal Welfare Concerns; Arthramid Vet is not simply a lubricant or painkiller. Its unique biomedical technology that helps heal and restore the joint to healthy function.
- Made to Last; When compared to traditional treatments for joint lameness, research shows that Arthramid Vet is better and lasts longer with proven efficacy for up to 1- 2 years.
- One of A Kind; Arthramid Vet's unique and patented IL-X Cross-Linking technology makes it the safest and most effective 2.5% Polyacrylamide (PAAG) Hydrogel available.
- Addresses Equine Welfare Concerns
- Long-lasting Clinical Effects of Treatment
- 82.5% Successful Resolution of Joint Lameness
Get In Touch
Phone +64 (09) 8013 253
Arthramid Vet Australia
Registered in Australia to: IMS Vet Pty Limited, 1953 Grampian's Road, Fyans Creek, Victoria 3381. Registered pursuant to the APVMA Number 86728/0320. See www.apvma.gov.au for registration conditions.