“Arthramid® Vet is used everyday and around the world for the treatment of lameness in horses. Multiple published studies from high profile institutions, and treating hundreds of equine patients across all equestrian disciplines, show that Arthramid®Vet is a safe and effective treatment for osteoarthritis and joint lameness in animals. Explore this page for more information and to access findings from studies of Arthramid® Vet 2.5% PAAG”
Double Blind Positive Control Study
Prospective Clinical Trial
Intra-articular administration of a 2.5% polyacrylamide hydrogel (PAAG- Arthramid Vet) is shown to reduce or abolish lameness in distal interphalangeal (coffin) and metacarpo/ metatarso- phalangeal (fetlock) joints in horses undertaking equestrian disciplines. To date, there have been no studies evaluating the effect of positive control treatments in racehorses compared to 2.5% PAAG.
Objectives: To investigate the efficacy of a 2.5% PAAG (Arthramid Vet) in the management of inter-carpal joint lameness in racing Thoroughbreds.
Study design: Prospective double-blinded positive-control study.
2.5% PAAG – Joint Lameness & Osteoarthritis (OA) In Horses
Osteoarthritis (OA) is considered one of the most important musculoskeletal disorders in both humans and horses. 1, 2 Clinically, it is associated with lameness and dysfunction of the affected joint and approximately 60% of all equine lameness is due to OA. 3, 4It is characterised by breakdown and loss of joint cartilage, bony overgrowths (osteophytosis- seen on radiographs), (read more)
- Novel treatment for lameness.
- Treats underlying disease process.
- Positive effect on articular components.
- Reduces mechanoreceptor activation.
- Long lasting tissue compatibility.
Clinical Safety In Application – Case Studies
Both in vitro and in vivo studies have taken place, designed to generate data on the safety of Arthramid Vet and to support regulatory submissions for market authorisation. Most current OA treatments are focused on reducing symptoms, and there are few effective treatments that address the underlying cause of the disease. (read more)
- Multiple Safety Studies.
- No adverse side effects.
- Widespread use in human medicine.
- Safe for competiton.
Mechanism Of Action – Precision Medicine
Arthritis describes inflammation of a joint and can happen after either a single or repetitive episodes of trauma. 31 The term incorporates synovitis, capsulitis, sprain, intra-articular fractures, meniscal tears, and osteoarthritis or OA. These pathological conditions are ‘a group of overlapping distinct diseases which may have different causes, but with similar biologic, anatomical, and clinical outcomes.’ (read more)
- Integrates into joint capsule.
- Restoring function to the joint.
- Increasing visco-elastic.
- Reduces pain & synovitis.
- Stable & non-absorbable.
Comments From Clinical Practice
Arthramid Vet 2.5% PAAG
- Studies show up to 82.5% of horses respond with a successful resolution of joint lameness.
- Meets Animal Welfare Concerns; Arthramid Vet is not simply a lubricant or painkiller. Its unique biomedical technology that helps heal and restore the joint to healthy function.
- Made to Last; When compared to traditional treatments for joint lameness, research shows that Arthramid Vet is better and lasts longer with proven efficacy for up to 1- 2 years.
- One of A Kind; Arthramid Vet's unique and patented IL-X Cross-Linking technology makes it the safest and most effective 2.5% Polyacrylamide (PAAG) Hydrogel available.
- Addresses Equine Welfare Concerns
- Long-lasting Clinical Effects of Treatment
- 82.5% Successful Resolution of Joint Lameness
Get In Touch
Phone +64 (09) 8013 253
Arthramid Vet Australia
Registered in Australia to: IMS Vet Pty Limited, 1953 Grampian's Road, Fyans Creek, Victoria 3381. Registered pursuant to the APVMA Number 86728/0320. See www.apvma.gov.au for registration conditions.